Make A Difference When You Travel
If you're looking for a way to make a difference in the world, teaching English abroad as a homestay tutor in France, Spain, Italy, Germany,or even Thailand is a great option. Not only will you be helping someone learn a new skill, but you'll also get to experience another culture firsthand. Here are four reasons why teaching English abroad is such a rewarding experience.
Four Reasons To Teach English Abroad As A Homestay English Tutor
- First, you'll get to meet people from all over the world. You'll have the opportunity to learn about their culture and customs, and you may even make some lifelong friends. Even our earliest tutors from 2006 still stay in touch with their host family. They even visit from time to time and participate in milestone host family activities.
- Second, you'll see firsthand how your efforts make a difference in someone's life. Seeing the progress that your student makes will be incredibly rewarding. And remember, as a homestay English tutor, the "students" you teach English to may be your host siblings and even your host parents! Your host family will decide. That's what makes it so rewarding and exciting!
- Third, you'll get to live in another country and experience a new culture. This is a great way to immerse yourself in the language and culture, and it can be a lot of fun. Teach English, learn another language. Host families love to give back. (You might even bring home some recipes to try!)
- Finally, teaching English abroad as a Homestay English Tutor is a great way to improve your own language skills. You'll have the opportunity to practice what you've learned and become more fluent in the language.
This Will Prepare You For Teaching Jobs Abroad
Grab some experience as a Homestay English Tutor, and then go back home to finish up your time at university. Even without a degree in Education, you'll qualify to teach ESL abroad, become an English teacher abroad, or even more teach abroad programs.
Teaching abroad is an exceptionally fun and fulfilling way to travel while also gaining skills and connections to build a career. Due to the demand for English skills worldwide, teaching jobs abroad could take you to almost any corner of the globe! If you're excited at the possibility of doing meaningful work in an exciting new destination, all the while making incredible new friends and immersing in new cultures (and maybe even earning a handsome paycheck), then it's time for you to start with The Cultural Exchange Project. Your options are endless.
Is Teaching English Abroad By Being A Homestay English Tutor The Right Move For You?
Okay. We're not going to tell you much about yourself personally. But we think we have good candidates. What's best about teaching English abroad is that you have the ability to speak and write fluent English. And pass that along to others. We would even encourage someone to look at volunteer teaching opportunities if it meant others could learn this very important language and get ahead.
How Do I Find Out About Even More Teach Abroad Programs?
Want more information about teaching English abroad? Check out GoAbroad for a long list of teach abroad programs. It's a great place to start looking for opportunities.
Teach English abroad for up to 15 hours each week. Our host families are looking for volunteer tutors to live with them, and in return, you'll receive a private bedroom and full board.
You'll have so much fun living in your new community by simply speaking English like you normally do at home. Also, you have a unique opportunity to learn or improve another language!
It won’t take long for the locals to start recognizing you and for you to consider your host community your new, temporary home. It’s real and authentic. Wake up each day and feel a connection. There is no better reason to travel abroad.
Remind Me Again The Benefits To Being A Homestay English Tutor?
- No official start dates. Travel abroad when you can manage it.
- Wide range of ages. 18 to 70 is possible. We've placed older! There is no age limit for ESL teachers.
- Total immersion. Teach a language ... learn a language.
- Learn the language of your host family.
- No experience is necessary. The host family wants to practice conversational English.
- You simply need a high school diploma or above.
- Host families are screened. Some have even hosted with us before.
- Use our own tutor guide with lots of lessons to get you started. Our English teachers abroad read their copy here.
- Lots of free time. You'll have time each day to explore. Live like a local.
Easily Achieve Your Travel Dream
What is required of English teachers abroad this year? We could do something! It looks like the travel bug now infects everyone. Your Instagram feed is probably filled with dream-like ocean views, mountain landscapes, or food pictures posted by the most eloquent travel bloggers around the world. We are all interested in visiting other places and experiencing new cultures when it comes to traveling. But many are unaware that such an imagined dream can easily be achieved. There's a very good chance that you might have a chance to work abroad.
Relax! Be Yourself.
Let the adventures happen as they should. Don’t worry that things might not be as you wish or think they should be. Work with what you find. Remember that you are in another culture, which will dictate direction and decisions. It will also become one of the more exciting adventures of your life, one to be cherished and to be incorporated into your future.
Although you enter into a family’s life as a guest to help, you will also be learning. This interaction will be exciting for both you and the family members and will lead you all to many questions and observations.
And In The End ...
Becoming a Homestay English Tutor is such a rewarding experience. There is no way you won't make a difference in someone's life.
If you're looking for a rewarding way to make a difference in the world, teaching English abroad is a great option. There are many reasons to do it, but these four are some of the most important. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your trip today!