Travel To France And Tutor English In a French School and Live With A Host Family
We have screened, welcoming host schools right now in France looking for amazing tutors and assistants to help them tutor conversational English. Live with a screened host family whose children attend the same school!
The Cultural Exchange Project (formerly The GeoVisions Foundation) offers an incredible opportunity to immerse yourself in French culture, learn the language, and savor delicious French cuisine for 3 months by becoming an English tutor at a local school. You'll have the chance to live like a local with a carefully selected host family, whose children attend the school where you'll be tutoring English. By tutoring students and assisting teachers in conversational English for up to 15 hours a week, you'll become an integral part of the community. The rest of your time is yours to explore your new surroundings and connect with the friendly locals.
The cost for the program is $999 for 3 months.
To secure your spot, you will need to make a $350 deposit, and then pay the remaining balance of $649 after you have approved your host family.
- Mid-September through Mid-December
- Mid-January through Mid-March or Mid-April
- Mid-March or Mid-April through Mid-June
Please make sure to arrive on time each day to be there for your students at school.
As a school and language assistant, you will have the opportunity to contribute up to 15 hours per week at the local school.
You will be assisting with both written and spoken English as required by the teacher.
It would be greatly appreciated if you could keep your private bedroom at your host family's house neat and tidy.
Please be mindful of your host family's schedule and avoid keeping late hours without their permission.
To help you plan interesting and enjoyable lessons at the school, we provide our own A Tutor's Guide. This will be based on the plan you and the school officials have established.
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
Applicants must be from countries where English is their first language.
Applicants must have at least a high school diploma.
Applicants should be prepared to create their own lesson plans.
- You will receive personalized placement with a carefully screened host family, providing you with a place to call home in France. You will have a comfortable private bedroom for the entire duration of the program.
- Additionally, you will be placed in a carefully selected school in and around Paris. You will have access to tutor resources to support your teaching.
- Meals will be provided each day, except when you are not at the host home.
- You will also receive 24/7 local support in France.
- Before your departure from your home country, you will receive pre-departure materials to help you prepare.
- Through your host family, you will have the opportunity for French language immersion.
- Finally, a metro pass will be provided to ensure convenient transportation from your host family to your school.
Airfare to and from France.
Meals when you are away from the host family and traveling on your own.
Spending money for personal expenses.
International travel and health insurance.