Travel To France And Tutor English In a French School and Live With A Host Family
We have screened, welcoming host schools right now in France looking for amazing tutors and assistants to help them tutor conversational English. Live with a screened host family whose children attend the same school!
The Cultural Exchange Project (formerly The GeoVisions Foundation) offers this immersion opportunity to learn French and enjoy French culture and food for 3 months. You'll live like a local with a carefully screened host family whose children are enrolled in the school and you'll become a part of the community. Tutor students at the school and assist teachers in conversational English for up to 15 hours a week. The rest of your time is free to explore your new community and meet the locals.
- $999 for 3 months.
- Pay with Klarna and set up weekly or monthly payments.
- Or pay a $350 deposit, then a final amount of $649 after you approve the match.
- Mid-September through Mid-December
- Mid-January through Mid-March or Mid-April
- Mid-March or Mid-April through Mid-June
- Be on time each day for your students at school.
- Be a school and language assistant in the local school for up to 15 hours each week.
- Help with written and spoken English as determined by the teacher.
- Keep your private bedroom at your host family house tidy.
- Don't keep late hours that will disturb your host family without their permission.
- Use our own A Tutor's Guide to plan interesting and fun lessons at the school according to the plan you and the school officials set up.
- Be between 22 and 30 years of age.
- Applicants from countries where English is your first language only.
- Have at least a high school diploma.
- Is ready to prepare your own "lessons" depending on what is going on in your country at the time (Elections, Holidays, etc.)
Offers the opportunity to support the pupils/students with English with the English teacher: 15 hours a week in general.
- The English teacher at school will be in charge of the schedule & integration of the Assistant.
- Pays for the metro pass to and from school.
- Considers the School Assistant as a member of the team.
- The headteacher will support the assistant with the preparation of the courses.
- Personalized placement with a carefully screened host family. In other words, a place to call home in France.
- A comfortable private bedroom for the duration of the program.
- Personalized placement with a carefully screened school in and around Paris.
- Tutor resources.
- Meals each day except when you’re not at the host home.
- Local support in France, 24/7.
- Pre-departure materials.
- French language immersion through your host family.
- Metro pass to get from your host family to your school.
- Airfare to and from France.
- Meals when you're away from the host family and traveling on your own.
- Spending money for personal expenses.
- International insurance.