Teach English in Barcelona while you study Spanish
A new type of program in which you take classes in Spanish and can teach English for at least seven months. Open to degree holders and non-degree participants.Request More Info
Spain is one of the most popular teaching destinations in the world. It has amazing natural beauty and cultural richness. There is significant demand for native English speakers there. Demand for English language education comes from both families for their children and also for adults who want to improve their English to improve their job prospects.
Our teach English abroad program in Spain is located in Barcelona, which is one of the most popular destinations in Europe due to its ancient architecture, rich history, and coastal location.
The Teach Spain program is ideal for anyone wanting to have an amazing cultural experience, improve their Spanish language, contribute to the local people, and earn a sustainable income that helps them subsidize their lifestyle in this amazing city.
- Pay a $350 deposit, a $500 placement fee when you're accepted, and then a final amount of $1,549, 60 days before departure.
- An experienced U.S.-based Cultural Exchange Project Manager who will serve as your coordinator and liaison with our in-country staff in Spain.
- Professional, locally-based staff to orientation, supervision, and guidance throughout your stay.
- Airport pickup (on Sunday prior to program start).
- Comprehensive, internationally accredited TESOL Course along with our one-week cultural orientation.
- Comprehensive job placement service Visa support.
- Extensive post-placement support Documentation guidance.
- Medical insurance.
- Cost of Spanish education visa and Spanish language program. The Spanish course should cost about 1500 Euros for seven months.
- Application for teaching authorization.
- Accommodation during orientation or TESOL course. This should cost about 1200 Euros (and you'll need to pay a 400 Euro security deposit which you should get back) for a private room with a desk and ensuite bathroom in a complex with a gym and swimming pool.
- Accommodation once placed. (We will aid you in finding accommodation.)
- Day-to-day transport
- Teachers can expect a salary equivalent to €900 per month to start and then up to €1,800 per month. Teaching hours are 15 hours and up per week.
- Contracts can be from part-time to full-time and from short-term to long-term.
- Full orientation and training will be given to each applicant before they start work.
- You will be teaching in language academies, online, and in private tutoring.
Requirements And Qualifications
It is a rarity in our industry to see a salaried short-term teaching position in the European Union. There are more opportunities to volunteer teach, but few to be an actual professional teacher. This is a truly unique program!