Travel To New Zealand And Become An Au Pair To A Host Family
We have screened, welcoming host families right now in New Zealand looking for amazing au pairs.
Becoming an Au Pair in New Zealand is an affordable international educational experience that will enhance your resume through practical experience. And when you return home, imagine the kind of job you can get when you list this experience.
- $789 flat fee for 6 to 12 months.
- Pay with Klarna and set up weekly or monthly payments.
- Or pay a $350 deposit, then a final amount of $439 after you approve the match.
- Take care of the children during scheduled hours.
- Help the children with their homework and assist in keeping children’s rooms and play areas clean.
- Prepare snacks and meals for the children and drop them off or pick them up from school or activities.
- Keep your private bedroom tidy.
- Don't keep late hours that will disturb your host family without their permission.
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30. (Female Au Pairs are placed quickly, while male Au Pairs can take a bit longer to be placed.)
- Have previous childcare/babysitting experience with references and a genuine love of children.
- Commit to a minimum of 6 months as an au pair in New Zealand.
- Provide a medical statement and a background check.
- Be interviewed by phone or Zoom to be accepted by the family.
- Have a passport that allows you to obtain a working holiday visa.
- You must have a valid driver’s license and be prepared to drive in New Zealand. We recommend obtaining an international driver’s license. Driving lessons are provided to help familiarize au pairs with driving in New Zealand. (Please note that most cars in New Zealand are
- Be a non-smoker.
What You Will Earn
- You will earn a salary of:
- NZ$200/week for 25 hours of childcare.
- NZ $210-295 (net)/week for 30 hours of childcare.
- NZ$220-315 (net)/week for 35 hours of childcare.
- NZ$230-335 (net) per week for 40 hours of childcare.
- NZ$250-355 (net) per week for 45 hours of childcare.
- Au Pairs will have 2 days off per week. The exact weekly amount is based on the experience level of the au pair.
- Paid holiday time:
- With a 6 month placement, au pairs receive 2 weeks of holiday time.
- With a 9-month placement receive 3 weeks of holiday time.
- With a 12-month program, au pairs receive 4 weeks' holiday.
- Au Pairs who stay 12 months may earn at least $7,000 after the program fee. On top of that, all your living expenses are covered by the host family.
- Personalized placement with a carefully screened host family. In other words, a place to call home in New Zealand.
- A private room and full board. In addition to your monthly stipend, you're getting your room and board free.
- Local support in Italy, 24/7.
- Pre-departure materials.
- A monthly local organized meeting for au pairs.
- 3-day orientation in a home-like setting with other au pairs.
- Assistance in setting up a NZL bank account.
- Airfare to and from New Zealand.
- Meals when you're away from the host family and traveling independently.
- Spending money for personal expenses.
- International insurance.
- Working Holiday visa fee.