Travel To Laos And Improve The Lives Of Children
Discover truly rewarding and enriching volunteer opportunities in teaching English to the young people of Laos, in the unique heritage city of Luang Prabang.
As one of Southeast Asia's rapidly developing countries, Laos offers a fantastic volunteer opportunity. Our volunteers have the chance to help offer a level of education unavailable to most people within Laos whilst living and integrating into a culture that is still relatively untouched by modern Western ways. Lao people are extremely friendly and volunteers will find their learners are well-behaved and incredibly respectful with a strong desire to learn.
To become a volunteer teacher, we do not require a teaching certificate or any teaching experience, or even require that you are a native speaker. However, we do require that you speak English to an advanced level, with a clear accent. We ask this because we hope to give our students the best quality experience and education that they can get.
- $750 for 1 week.
- $900 for 2 weeks.
- $1,050 for 3 weeks.
- $1,200 for 4 weeks.
- 6 weeks is $1,500.
- 8 weeks costs $1,800
- 12 weeks costs $2,400
IncludedThe fee you pay to volunteer in Laos goes to our 501(c)(3) non-profit public charity, The Cultural Exchange Project. The program donation for this experience covers:
- Our costs of placing you on the program in a safe place to live.
- The fee also helps our non-profit to provide pre-departure & in-country support. We provide 24/7 emergency service, manned by real people. You are supported from the moment you contact us to the time you return … and beyond, through our active Alumni Community.
- Transportation to and from the airport, as well as the training you will receive during your volunteer placement.
- The money we receive from volunteers feeds into the necessary operating costs of the project and providing educational materials to the local community and school.
- The fee also includes orientation on site, accommodation, and Breakfast and Lunch Monday through Friday.
- Accommodation is shared twin/double with air conditioning. For a small fee, you may upgrade to a private room.
- Medical and travel insurance. (You must show proof of a COVID vaccination.)
- Personal expenses.
- Additional meals on weekends.
- Additional drinks and gratuities.
- Extra local excursions such as trekking, tours, etc.
- Transport to your project location.
- Visa costs.