Travel To France And Tutor English To A Host Family
We have screened, welcoming host families right now in France looking for amazing tutors to help them with their conversational English.
The Cultural Exchange Project (formerly The GeoVisions Foundation) offers this immersion opportunity to learn French and enjoy the French culture and food for 1, 2, or 3 months. You'll live like a local with a carefully screened host family and you'll become a part of the community. Tutor the family in conversational English for up to 15 hours a week. The rest of your time is free to explore your new community and meet the locals.
- $999 flat fee for 1, 2, or 3 months.
- Pay with Klarna and set up weekly or monthly payments.
- Or pay a $350 deposit, then a final amount of $649 after you approve the match.
- Be on time for all of your tutoring sessions with your host family.
- Tutor your host family in conversational English for up to 15 hours each week.
- Keep your private bedroom tidy.
- Don't keep late hours that will disturb your host family without their permission.
- Use our own A Tutor's Guide to plan interesting and fun lessons according to the plan you and the host family set up.
- Be between 18 and 70 years of age.
- If you're over 70, we may be able to place you. But you really have to be flexible on timing.
- Native English speakers are preferred. If you are not a native English speaker and you have a clear accent, we may be able to place you.
- Have at least a high school diploma.
- Personalized placement with a carefully screened host family. In other words, a place to call home in France.
- A comfortable private bedroom for the duration of the program.
- Tutor resources.
- Meals each day except when you’re not at the host home.
- Local support in France, 24/7.
- Pre-departure materials.
- French language immersion through your host family.
- Airfare to and from France.
- Meals when you're away from the host family and traveling on your own.
- Spending money for personal expenses.
- International insurance.