Travel To Thailand And Tutor English To A Host Family
We have screened, welcoming host families right now in Thailand looking for amazing tutors to help them with their conversational English.
This is an immersion opportunity to enjoy the Thai culture and food for one month. You'll live like a local with a carefully screened host family, becoming a part of the community. Tutor the family in conversational English for up to 15 hours a week. The rest of your time is free to explore your new community and meet the locals.
In some cases, you will be living with a host family who is sending a child (a high school student) to the US to attend a US high school for an academic year. This is your chance to tutor that student in conversational English, American customs and culture, and what it's like to go to high school in the United States.
- $999 flat fee for 1 month.
- Pay with Klarna and set up weekly or monthly payments.
- Or pay a $350 deposit, then a final $649 after you approve the match.
- Be on time for your tutoring sessions with your host family.
- Tutor your host family in conversational English for up to 15 hours each week.
- Keep your private bedroom tidy.
- Don't keep late hours that will disturb your host family without their permission.
- Use our own A Tutor's Guide to plan interesting and fun lessons according to the plan you and the host family set up.
- Be between 18 and 70 years of age.
- Native English speakers are preferred.
- Have at least a high school diploma.
- Personalized placement with a carefully screened host family. In other words, a place to call home in Thailand.
- A comfortable private bedroom for the duration of the program.
- Tutor resources.
- Meals each day except when you’re not at the host home.
- Local support in Thailand, 24/7.
- Pre-departure materials.
- Airfare to and from Thailand.
- Meals when you're away from the host family and traveling on your own.
- Spending money for personal expenses.
- International insurance.